Sunday, July 24, 2005

Silly rabbit

So, a couple of nights ago, the b/f & I were watching an episode of SG-1. (BTW, I think I'm falling in love with O'Neill). Mid-episode, I finished whatever I was knitting, and started casting on for the next project, whereupon the b/f asked his silly question:

"Don't you ever stop?"

Now, let's see. Current projects actually on needles include:

  • Short summer Sockotta socks - making up as I go along - will post pattern if I like them
  • Hemp/wool slippers with cable cuffs
  • Prayer shawl for my sister-in-law (ssssh! It's a surprise)
  • Some really wild slippers made with hand-dyed yarn that turned out to be self-patterning

I also have a sock idea in mind, and the yarn is currently getting dyed in the Crock-Pot, so that could technically be considered a Work In Progress as well. Oh, and another slipper idea that I can see clear as day in my mind, and the yarn has been dyed, but nothing cast on yet. (I seem to be knitting a lot of slippers, considering that we are in the midst of a drought/heat wave.)

So, that makes 6 WIPs. And I just bought some Wool Ease to make a hat for our troops (well, one member of our troops--they can't all wear it). And we haven't even counted the ideas for which I haven't found the yarn yet. Or the yarn for which I haven't found the right pattern yet.

Now, really, I ask you; how could any sensible person expect me to stop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home