Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hat & Slipper

I finished my Troop Hat:



It doesn't actually have sharp corners; that's just where it folded on the scanner.

This is for the Troop Hat contribution by the Knitting Made Easy 4 U group on Yahoo. I just joined the group, so I only had time to make 1 before the shipping deadline. It's made of Wool Ease, from a pattern provided by a Troop Mom. Sure did go fast & easy!

Also finished one Cable Cuff Slipper:



It is made from Hemp/Wool yarn, dyed with Black Cherry Koolaid. I love the way it looks, but the cuff is a little loose. There is only 1 purl stitch between the cables, so I think I am going to redo it with 2 purl stitches between. Then I think I'll work on some socks with the same cable pattern.

I also want to try making the Children in Common socks. Good way to use up some of the stash, little bitty socks will go fast, and the pattern uses a short-row heel that I would like to try. Oh, yeah, and some orphans will have warm feet, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home