Sunday, February 11, 2007

My weekend

This picture pretty much illustrates how I've been spending my weekend: knitting a sock for CIC, and reading Three Cups of Tea.

This is the first sock from the wool Elizabeth of the CIC-knit group sent me. I added a little purple yarn I had on hand because I was afraid I wouldn't have quite enough for a pair. On weighing the finished sock & the yarn I have left, I probably would have been OK w/o the purple, but now I know for sure I have enough. Much better than sweating it as I near the end of sock #2 and obsessively trying to estimate if I have enough to finish.

If you haven't read Three Cups of Tea yet, I highly recommend it. It's a great book about Greg Mortenson's efforts to build schools in Pakistan and Afganistan. I especially love that his schools educate girls as well as boys. Wish I could knit them socks. :)

Oh, I also finished the back of the vest I'm knitting for myself. I think I'll start on the front tonight while I'm watching the intrigue and corruption of Rome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home