Saturday, February 17, 2007

Need more sweaters

Hilfy is watching the snow come down. We got 4 or 5 inches earlier this week, and now we're getting more. Here's the view from another window; if you click on it, you can see the flakes coming down:


Brrr, it's been cold! I know, it's nothing like some people are experiencing, but I don't have the wardrobe for this. I have a few wool sweaters, but in past years they haven't seen much wear because our winters have been getting milder & milder. Not this year! It has stayed below freezing for months, and I need more sweaters! I've never minded that I'm a rather slow knitter; after all, I'm more interested in the process than production. But now I discover that wool sweaters are almost impossible to buy; it's all cotton & synthetics. When did that happen? So now I'm wishing I could make those needles fly like some people, and just whip out a sweater or two to help me get through this winter.

I have been making good progress on my vest. If my camera's batteries hadn't just died, I could show you a pic of the back, left front, and a bit of the right front. You'll just have to imagine it, along with how soft it is. If it turns out as well as I hope, maybe I'll tackle a whole sweater. Should have it done in time for spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home