Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bad timing

Today is unseasonably warm, and I would love to do some work in the garden. I had planned to spread compost in the vegetable beds, then cover them up with cardboard so they would be ready for planting come spring. The cardboard keeps the soil moist and holds in the warmth, promoting worm activity while supressing weeds. Come spring, I just have to remove the cardboard and start planting.

Unfortunately, I am laid low with a sinus infection, and don't feel like doing anything but lying on the couch breathing through my mouth (such an attractive picture, isn't it?). If I feel energetic, I may work on this a bit:


Socks for CIC, in my usual pattern, with Lion Wool, Ocean Blues colorway. Yes, these are the ones I started earlier, trying to adapt the Little Sky booties pattern. Just didn't like it, so I frogged and started over. I've knit this pattern so many times that I hardly have to think about it. Hardly thinking is about as much as I can handle today.

This warm weather is supposed to last a couple more days, which I figure is about how long I expect to feel crummy. Is pessimism a symptom of a sinus infection?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home