Tuesday, December 11, 2007

False Advertising

So, I bought this issue of Knit 'n Style because the cover promised an interview with the Yarn Harlot. What a disappointment! Apparently the article's author had a phone conversation with the Harlot, because there is a one-sentence quote from her. Otherwise, the rest of the article is a synopsis of her latest book and a few high points from her blog. Um, already read that, thanks anyway.

At least I did get some laughs from some of the "39 New Projects for the New Year". This one looks like it would make a very nice horse blanket:

This actually would probably be very cute if they didn't use such a fuzzy yarn. If it weren't for the name, you'd never know there was a cable there:


Can someone tell me why this woman is wearing an afghan?


OK, I'll quit being so catty now. I don't want to give the impression that there isn't anything worthwhile in this issue. It's just that most of the projects that I like are short-sleeve cotton sweaters suitable for spring. Right now, I'm all about the wool; it's cold outside! I have one sleeve almost done on my Weekend Sweater, and about half an inch of cuff complete of the other sleeve. Unfortunately, I left that cuff at work, so I can't work on it tonight. Grrrr. Guess I'll start a pair of socks for CIC; I haven't made anything for them for a while.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, if you go to YarnCraft.com there is an interview with here. It was conducted by someone at Lion Brand I think and they are talking on the phone. Pretty interesting.

Debbie

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. Sometimes you just need to be catty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home