Saturday, December 03, 2005

Calmer now

OK, I got the server manufacturer to take the *&#%! server back & give my client a full refund. Now I'm working on getting quotes for a new server (different mfr, natch).

In order to calm myself down, I've been doing this:






I bought a spindle & wool from this lovely eBay seller. (Not afiliated in any way; just a happy customer!) I got one of her 9.5" top-whorl spindles. It came with a nice amount of wool roving, instructions, and encouragement. A little bit of practice, and I was making yarn! Yes, it varies quite a bit in thickness (resembles rope in some areas), but I'm getting better. It goes much faster than I expected, and it is very hypnotic. I am almost done with the roving that came with the spindle, and am drooling over all the lovely choices for my next purchase.

Now I have to decide what to knit with my brand-new handspun. Something that will be forgiving of the variation in thickness. Hmmmm....

1 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Hi Carol, another St. Louisan here. I saw you on the Yarn Co op and decided to pop over. Up early waiting to see if school is closed. Probably not...Anyway, lovely socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home