Saturday, November 12, 2005

2 miles = 2 inches

Took the new scarf for a walk today. Had an inch on the needles when I left; 2 miles later, the scarf measured 3 inches. I see a lot of walking in my future.

On the plus side, I really like how it looks so far. I'm using Panda Woolbale (dyed by yours truly). Needles are one size larger than I would use to get the suggested gauge of 22 stitches=4 inches. If you want to knit along with me, here's the skinny:

Cast on a multiple of 6 stitches (I used 30). Knit in seed stitch for 3 rows, then begin pattern. Continue to work first & last three stitches of each row in seed stitch; this is not included in directions below.

Vine Lace Pattern:
Row 1: *yo, k2, k2tog, k2; repeat from * across
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: *k2, k2tog, k2, yo; repeat from * across
Row 4: Purl

Repeat these four rows until scarf is desired length. Knit three rows of seed stitch; bind off.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I'm game for knitting along with you. Thanks for the invite. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home