Sunday, October 30, 2005

Just In Time

Well, I finally finished my Halloween socks; not a minute too soon! My own design, they feature a jack-o-lantern on the heels. I used Kroy Socks in Westport Check and Orangina. On the first one, I did the face of the jack-o-lantern in duplicate stitch, but found that a little difficult. So the mate was done by stranding the yarn for the features. This was my first attempt with fair isle or intarsia knitting, so I am pleased with the results.

BTW, these are the Secret Socks mentioned way back on Sept. 15; took a little longer than expected to finish! I had them set aside for weeks waiting to do the duplicate stitch on the first one. I couldn't pick up the stitches on the heel flap until I had a face on my pumpkin, and I just couldn't seem to find a chance to sit down, remove all vision correction, and stitch with the heel flap four inches from my nose.

I'm really getting a kick out of these, and have lots of ideas for more! :)

6 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sthese are festive, done in time. have fun wearing them today!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute - well knit!

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are just fantastic! I'm really impressed!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cute socks and love the blue and orange-fall socks-Your CIC socks are such beautiful colours and I lover the heel on the yellow ones. Hugs, C.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are so nice!!!

Is there any chance to use a yarn that glows on dark, so they seems at night? It would be terrrrrrific!

Luz

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Would you be willing to share the chart for the pumpkins, or did you just make it up as you knit along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home