Monday, March 20, 2006

Count your socks!

I've decided to join Lynda in counting my socks; I currently have 5 pair:



The blue ones on the top row are the very first pair of socks I knit. Knit of some vintage Germantown yarn I scored on eBay, the toes turned out a little funny; somehow, I managed to Kitchener in purl. But, they are recognizable as socks! I still feel a surge of pride whenever I wear them.

Next we have the Blue-Toed Lilacs, my first foray into designing my own socks. I'm a big fan of blue & purple (you might have noticed that). There's something about having those blue toes hidden in my shoes that gives me a little kick all day.

My most recently knit socks are the stripey ones. These are knit from Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn, and are my first pair with a short row heel.

On the bottom row are my summer socks. First up are the cuffed anklet socks; these are knit with Paton's Grace, a 100% mercerized sport-weight cotton. Last but not least, are the roll-top anklets, knit with more vintage yarn scored on eBay. Great summer-time sneaker socks!

Coming soon: pair #6! Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hmmmm, you have a blue theme going on!! Very nice collection, though!!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent today looking in 3 different stores for some plain brown cotton socks. No lie. And I got this link in my email today! Socks, socks, socks! :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home