Wednesday, March 22, 2006

S.O.B. Socks

No, I haven't been cursing at these socks. I developed this pattern for my S.O.B. (Shades of Blue) colorway. I'm very pleased with the result; the simple knit/purl design helps to prevent the pooling so often seen with hand dyed yarns. Won't these go great with jeans? The yarn is soooo soft, with great yardage. I had 28g left, which means I only used about 330 yards for these socks. That leaves me with lots to add to the CIC stash!

Pattern is available here; yarn is available here.

This brings my official sock count to 6! OTN: Thuja for me, in some absolutely scrumptious merino worsted that is a dream to knit. It is definitely cold enough to keep wearing wool socks, so I'll keep knitting 'em.

Weather update: still lots of snow on the ground, but the sun is out, so at least it's pretty. And melting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home