Thursday, April 20, 2006

Peace-full Socks

Here are my latest socks, knit with Peace Fleece sport weight in Mir-Atlantis Periwinkle. I love this yarn! Peace Fleece combines colors so beautifully. Just as I hoped, the yarn bloomed a little when I washed the socks for the first time, softening & becoming slightly fuzzy. I know some people find mohair itchy, but I have worn these once and didn't find them uncomfortable. I think I have rather tolerant feet.

The lace pattern was adapted from "Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern" from Knitting Vintage Socks. I made the lace sections 5 stitches apart, instead of 2, and staggered the pattern, with just two rounds between lace sections. I think it would have looked better if I just did 4 stitches between lace sections, but I needed 44 stitches around, so 5 it was.

I used a little more than half a skein for the socks. Peace Fleece says there is 350 yards in a sport-weight skein, so I figure I used about 215 yards (based on weight).

I'll leave you with a close-up of this purrrrrr-ty yarn.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for the great post. Your socks are lovely. I have this book too and wanted to thank you for the adaptation for a larger fook! Great socks!

dkmca2003@yahoo.com

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

I especially love these socks, but you are really going to town with the socks - Great job! I love the colors of your Thuja socks, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home