Thursday, October 11, 2007

My first lunch with Mr. Bento

When it's time to eat lunch during the week, I usually pick someplace within walking distance, not too expensive, with quick service, so I can silence the hunger pangs with as little bother as possible. But lately, I've been getting really tired of the lunch offerings near where I work. However, I still want to get out of the office for a while, and I don't want to eat sandwiches day after day. A few days ago, while browsing Amazon.com, I happened across Mr. Bento, which led me to Mr. Bento p0rn. Wow, what a wealth of lunch ideas! I ordered me up my very own Mr. Bento, which arrived yesterday. And today, I am taking my very first Mr. Bento lunch.



Hummus and crackers, raw carrots, plain yogurt topped with canned peaches & a little of their syrup, chocolate and candy pumpkins (oh, and a little salt in case the hummus needs it). My plan is to take my little lunch jar to some picnic tables about 5 blocks from the office and enjoy my lunch that didn't come from a deep fryer or a grill.

I'm ridiculously excited about this; usually I find food planning and preparation terribly boring. It's a good thing the b/f likes to cook; if it was left to me, we'd probably both be suffering from malnutrition. But I've been giving a lot of thought to what I can take in Mr. Bento (I have a whopping two menus so far; I'm am seriously not used to this). I'm even thinking about making some lentil soup this weekend to take in my lunch during the week (don't tell anyone, it'll ruin my rep since I DON'T COOK).

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home