Saturday, September 29, 2007

Off they go

I finally got around to sewing up the Noro hat this week. Here it is all finished up:



I think I said before this was Noro Kureyon. I was wrong; it's Noro Silk Garden. Very nice yarn to work with, and I love those gradual color changes.

It's time to mail my box to Cheyenne River Reservation, so today I added care tags to all the hatz & mittnz, tossed in a few extras, boxed 'em up & sent 'em off:



Final count was 3 hatz, 7 pr mittnz, 3 happy meal-type toys, 1 balsa wood airplane, and 4 toothbrushes. Hope they enjoy everything!

I've been sorting through the huge box of donated yarn I have, deciding what to make next. I have a couple pair of socks OTN, but they aren't really exciting me. I've picked out some yarn to go with my handspun:



I'm still leaning towards doing a hat, but haven't committed myself yet.


In the meantime, I've completed about 2 inches on ILG Sock #2. I don't think I'll complete the pair in time for the KAL deadline tomorrow. [grin] Although I know some people could definitely do it in that amount of time, I'm not one of them! Besides, I have a baby shower coming up next week, and I have to finish a washcloth that's part of my gift. Heavens, I didn't realize I had so many WIPs! Guess I'd better get to work.



Yitzhak hanging out where she doesn't belong

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Wow, your charity knitting is great! You've been busy.
Donna

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Hey again Carol. Thank you for the information on moths. The two the cats got were definitely bigger than 1/2 inch. My freezer is full but I'm going to put my wool in sealed containers.

(Sorry to reply here. I couldn't find your e-mail.)

dkmca2003@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home