Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lookee what I found!

I was searching for a particular skein of yarn in the spare bedroom (really have to organize that room one of these days), when I came across this!


A spindle full of singles, waiting to be plyed! I set this aside ages ago, then forgot about it. So, I refreshed my memory with this article, plyed, niddy-noddied, wet set, and now I have this:

88 yards of two-ply handspun; looks to be about a sport or DK weight. Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I'm not really enthusiastic about pink myself, so whatever I make will likely get donated somewhere. My best idea so far is to find some yarn of approximately the same weight in a complimentary color and make KnitPick's 11th hour hat, using the handspun for the brim and the other yarn for the rest. The pattern doesn't seem to be available on their site any more, but I think I download a copy some time ago.

Anyone else have any thoughts on what I can make with this? Input welcome!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home