Saturday, February 09, 2008

Last Time

This is the last time I'll have to twiddle my thumbs at work on the weekend because--drum roll, please--I got a new job! Someplace where I'll only have to work on the weekend if there is work that actually needs to be done on the weekend (what a concept). I start in two weeks. I'll be sorry to say goodbye to a lot of the people here, but I won't be sorry to leave behind some of the policies and rules they've come up with lately.

I'm celebrating with the cutest little bootie:



Sockpixie's Magic Slipper, made with unknown sock yarn given to me by Shelly Kang, when the Yarn Harlot encouraged everyone to bury her house with yarn. I've been looking for ideas on how to use all those little bits of lovely yarn, and this is an excellent method! It took me a few tries to get this right; I just couldn't seem to get the sole the right length so I could pick up the specified number of stitches. I found that if I start decreasing the sole when I have 21 ridges from the cast on edge (42 rows), I am able to pick up the right number of stitches. Or, at least, I think I will; I actually started decreasing after 22 ridges for this one, and I picked up 2 more stitches than planned (1 extra on each side). I didn't feel like ripping it out (again), so I just did one more decrease round. Works for me!



Hilfy pacing in front of the door this morning;
apparently, she thought she was coming to work with me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home