Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My days are numbered

Sunday it was sunny and 70 degrees; today we got 10 inches of snow. As a result, they closed the office early today, and I got home around 4:30. I was just starting to take off my coat when Hilfy went to the front door and demanded to go outside. Being a well trained cat owner who follows orders, I zipped my coat back up, scooped up Hilfy and took her outside.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of her enjoying the snow, but I was only about halfway down the front walk when she scrambled from my embrace and flew back to the door. I mean, I know intellectually that her feet must have encountered the ground somewhere along the route, but I never actually saw it. As far as I could tell, she was airborne until she was on the porch, her front paws against the door, her tail bushed out like a bottle brush, ordering me in no uncertain terms to let her the ^&%$#@! back in the house.

I'm pretty sure she's going to kill me; I just hope she takes me out in my sleep and doesn't torture me first.



Hilfy, obviously plotting my demise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home