Sunday, December 11, 2005

Gift knitting is done


The scarf is blocking, and the prayer shawl is next. Scarf measured just under 40" when finished, blocked it's 47" long and 7" wide. Definitely a respectable size (whew!).










Also finished pair #5 for CIC. Paton's Classic Merino dyed in my Naiad colorway. These have to be tucked away in the CIC box right away, so I don't weaken & keep them for myself.


OTN is a pair of socks for ME (shown on the right), using my S.O.B. colorway and a basketweave pattern that I'm making up as I go along. Most of my socks are knit from heavier yarn; I've found that the two pair I knit in fingering weight don't stay up very well. However, they're both superwash yarns; I'm interested to see if this non-superwash sock yarn stays up better.

I've also started on another pair for CIC (that's the sock on the left). Good mindless knitting to keep me from dying of boredom while walking on the treadmill (still too cold to be outside unnecessarily). One of these days the b/f is going to notice me knitting while walking; I fear it will be the last little nudge that sends him over the brink of insanity. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home