Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Holey Moley


The weather guessers said a few snow showers, but the ground was too warm for it to stick. It has been snowing since before I woke up, and it's still coming down. Seems like a good day to stay inside.

Recently, I bought one of these:

I've been cranking out i-cord to make a little felted spoolie bear.


I used Paton's Classic Merino, since I know that felts well. I swear I followed the directions, but his body sure seems longer than the one pictured in the directions. Right now, he's being buffeted about in the washer; we'll see how he turns out.


Olympic update: This is a first. I am a loose woman knitter; I generally need to use needles two sizes smaller than the mfr's recommendations to get gauge. However, with this yarn, I actually had to go with a size larger than recommended. Go figure. Anyway, I don't have a size 9 circ, so I placed a rush order online for a Bryspun pair. I've never used them, but I hear they're great. I'm a big fan of bamboo, but I'm tired of fighting the cables on my Clover bamboo circs. Didn't feel like using metal, and developed a serious hankerin' for the Bryspun. Couldn't find 'em locally, so bought online & paid for Priority Mail shipping. Hope they get here in time! I'd hate to be needle-less when the torch is lit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home