Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Two down

Two to go! Finished one sock for CIC (the smaller one lying flat), and one for me. I'm really pleased with the way mine is turning out. It's a simple knit/purl design, but I like the way it works with the S.O.B. colorway. I don't like the way handpainted yarns will often pool in the gusset area, and this design does a nice job of preventing that. I'll probably write the pattern up & include it with the yarn. I'm already poring over my stitch books & old pattern magazines looking for more patterns to try!

Business has been brisk lately, and I haven't had a chance to dye any yarn for a while. I am hoping to get a chance this week to dye the yarn I need for a vest I want to make for myself. Every time I think I'm going to have a quiet few days, the phone starts ringing. Not that I'm complaining! If that phone doesn't ring, I don't have any $$ to buy yarn. But just one quiet day would be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home