Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Out the door

Fringed the prayer shawl this a.m. & shipped it off! I figure it will arrive Friday or Saturday; nothing like waiting till the last minute. I finished the knitting over a week ago, but business has been very busy lately, and I just didn't have the time to do the last little bit. In fact, I'm neglecting my clients today to get this shipped.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It drapes nicely and the yarn has a nice variation in thickness that gives the simple stitch more interest. Weighs just under 11 oz with fringe, so my memory is correct that I used 3 skeins.

I've been knitting socks for me & CIC. Now that the gift knitting is out of the way, I think I'm ready to start on a vest for myself as well. It has been unusually cold this winter, and I want more wool to wear!

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful and I know it will be a blessing to the person who gets it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home