Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mardi Gras Scarf

I recently got in a bunch of ribbon yarn. I took one look at this colorway and thought, "Mardi Gras!" Being on the lookout for a project to tide me over until the Olympics start, I cast on for a scarf. With fat needles and a lacey stitch, it's going fast, but I'm not sure I'll finish it before the torch is lit. Of course, I'm not sure I'll have my new needles by the time the torch is lit, either!

Olympic update: The needles are en route. They were shipped Priority Mail on 2/7. Priority Mail generally arrives in 2-3 days. That means they might be here today, but more likely they'll arrive on Friday. It's a toss-up whether my mail carrier will arrive before 2:00 on Friday (the official start time). Friday afternoon may find me standing by my mailbox, yarn in hand, impatiently awaiting my mail carrier. Of course, he knows me well enough that he wouldn't think a thing about it.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the scarf. Good luck with your needles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home