Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

Today I celebrated Earth Day with the ceremonial first delivery of compost:


(the crowd holds its collective breath)


(genteel applause)

Then I dug in (literally), added lots more compost, and planted 'maters & jalapenos. Here are my Celebrity tomatoes, with tomato ladders in place, and mulch waiting to be spread about.

Isn't that a beautiful sight? I still need to plant bell peppers, sweet corn, cantalope, carrots & onions. And maybe lettuce. The carrots, onions & lettuce get planted to the east of the asparagus, where it's too shady to plant anything else.

After all that digging, I'm ravenous. I'm thinking steak for dinner. Raaaaahhhhrrrr!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to have a great garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home