Monday, February 19, 2007

Warming trend

View from my back doorWe had temps in the 50s today, and omigawd, it was wonderful. I went w/o long underwear for the first time in weeks, and I actually doffed the coat for a while. While I was outside, even! The snow is melting quickly, and we have grass in the yard again (dead, soggy grass, but grass nonetheless). The sun was shining, and I was lucky enough to find opportunities to get outside often (read: I was working out of the office today, and nobody knew what I was up to). It was so wonderful to be outside in temps that wouldn't threaten my life if my car broke down or something. Best of all, it's supposed to last for several days! Temps in the 50s and 60s are forecast for the rest of the week. I feel like dancing!

Progress on my vest has slowed a little. I worked on it so much this weekend that my carpal tunnel syndrome is flaring up, and I've really had to restrict my knitting time. I'm so close to done that it is hard to pace myself; I want to sit down and just finish, dammit! I should still be able to finish this week, though. If the weather stays nice, maybe I can take a pic outside, so you can see the color better than in the lousy indoor pics I've had to settle for.

I've decided that my next project, whether a whole sweater or another vest, absolutely must be knit in the round. Knitting is a lot easier on my wrist than purling. I've been looking at a lot of raglan sweater patterns, and I have a Lopi pattern book coming soon with some lovely yoked pullovers. Not that I'm ready for all that colorwork; not by a long shot! But there's no reason why I couldn't make one all in one color, or with maybe a couple of stripes.

In the meantime, I think I'll go take a couple of Advil.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Annie said...

What? You're as ready for colorwork as you think you are! Especially just two colors per row. Go and look at the Philosopher's Wool site. There is a tutorial on it for knitting in the round with color. You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home