Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tidying Up

I'm trying to clean up my knitting corner a little; the best way I know to do that is to finish projects so I can put them somewhere else! So, I sewed up the SWS hat (it's been waiting around for the sewing part for days).


I used my favorite hat pattern and made seven sections. Used a little more than one skein, and it fits me nicely. After snapping this pic, I gave it a nice bath; it is now drying in the spare bedroom. One less thing in the knitting corner!

While SWS is deliciously soft, and I love the colors, it is also about as slippery as Teflon. I'm glad I didn't try to make a sweater with it! I think it will be a while before I'm ready to tackle this yarn again.

This hat will be going to the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation. The Native American Support group on Yahoo is having a "Warm Up Box" challenge: fill a box with warm items, and ship by Dec. 1 (can be handmade, or purchased). I've picked this box:


It measures 16x12x8.

Doesn't that hat look lonely? I have my work cut out for me.




Princess Daisy likes to survey her realm from the hutch over the b/f's desk

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home