Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I've gone too far


So, I've been knitting away mindlessly on my mindless sock, when it occurred to me that I had made quite a bit of progress, and maybe I should measure to see how close I was to starting the heel. Well, you can probably guess what I found; I had mindlessly knit too much. I now need to rip out about a quarter inch of knitting. You can probably also guess what I did next. That's right, I set it aside to forget about, and reached for another mindless knitting project.


This is the beginning of a 9-patch Afghan for Afghans which has been languishing for a while. Good thing Afghans like bright colors, huh? This is just the ticket for TV knitting; last night I happily cranked away on it while ignoring something or other on TV. Today I measured what I have on the needles; it's 13 inches wide by 15 inches long, which means I should bind off soon and start another patch. Which also means that soon I need to deal with something I've been studiously ignoring.


I have a lot of ends to weave in.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Mariella said...

Since all the ends are hidden in the inside of the tube - no weaving in required. At least I did not weave in my ends. I made sure I tied a good knot - 2 times and then cut yarn to leave about 2-3" tails.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Carol Ann said...

Thanks, Mariella--that's a great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home