Wednesday, August 30, 2006

All I can say is...

Wow. Just--wow. I received this box from Shelly (Hilfy was curious, natch):


Inside was the most amazing collection of sock yarn imaginable. Solids and variegateds and marls and stripes and patterns, oh my!


Hilfy likes the yarn and didn't want me to put it away:


Shelly also included a bag of Baby Ull for CIC knitting, in two shades of purple - one of my fave colors:


There's so much more yarn than I'll use for the Princess Blankie. I'm toying with making a second cat-sized blankie for one of the local shelters. Or I may use the extras for CIC knitting. Or both; there's certainly enough!

I would have some progress to show on the blankie, but The Princess got in the way. After deciding which yarn to use first (and what a decision that was!), I started a new square and knit a couple of rows. That's when The Princess jumped up on the blankie in my lap and started purring and kneading her paws. I didn't have the heart to shoo her away (I'm such a sucker!). Even though she was impeding my progress, I took it as approval of the project.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Holy Cow! Ask and you usually receive... what a fun box!

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one very cute cat. Actually he looks just like mine! Great lot of yarn you got. Can't wait to see the blankie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home