Sunday, May 11, 2008

No reruns, please

I definitely don't want a repeat of this weekend. Internet outage Saturday was slightly inconvenient, but we were planning to go to the movies anyway (saw Iron Man; great flick, definitely recommended). Storms started while we were doing a little shopping after the movie and continued all night, so I was robbed of my favorite weekend activity--catching up on my sleep. It was just too darn noisy outside! Rain stopped sometime Sunday a.m., but the high winds continued--what the b/f calls scenic winds, because so much of the scenery goes blowing by. So, with all that, we weren't terribly surprised when the power went out during Sunday breakfast, and stayed out most of the day.

OK, I'll admit that I wasn't heartbroken to realize I couldn't clean house without electricity. But no music, no television, no computers; aaarrrrgggghhhh! I couldn't play in the dirt work in my garden with wind gusts threatening to send me tumbling into the woods. I swear, if it weren't for knitting and audiobooks, I would have gone nuts. I've really been enjoying mindlessly working on my second patch of the 9-patch afghan:


While looking for more yarn scraps for aforementioned 9-patch, I came across some yarn I handdyed sometime back for a project, which I then decided not to make. It's been a while since I've made any socks for CIC, so I figured it was time for a pair. I've got one made and the barest beginnings of a second.


I really like the way this yarn turned out; the way the colors vary from medium blue to indigo to purple.


I'm thinking a pair of socks for me might be next.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home