Friday, June 09, 2006

First 'mater



First little tomato has appeared in my garden. So exciting! Now begins the attempt to foil the birds' efforts to eat the tomato before I do. Last year the birds ate more tomatoes than I did. I don't mind sharing, but there has to be a limit.


OTN: A vest for CIC (about 2/3 done), and socks for me. I got a little eager to finish the sock, and started the toe too soon. I could wear it, but it would always feel a little tight. So, off to the frog pond we go. Add a few more rounds, and redo the toe. I love this yarn; it's a scrumptious wool/alpaca blend. Sooooo soft, and a little fuzzy, but still with plenty elasticity for socks. This yarn is definitely going to show up in my eBay store soon.

Since the weather is a little warm for wool socks, I'm going to try a cotton/wool blend soon. Wool is more fun to knit with, but right now cotton is going to be more fun to wear. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

yay for your first tomato!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home