Thursday, September 07, 2006

Somebody stop me

For some time, I've been thinking about knitting a bathroom rug. I certainly need a new one, and shopping for yarn is a lot more fun than shopping for rugs. I hadn't decided on a pattern yet, but I tentatively purchased some yarn sometime back:


I wish I had more of the yellow, or maybe some blue. I have no idea if this yarn is available any more. Didn't stop me from buying it, tho'.

Another project on the back burner was new throw pillows for the living room. The ones we have now belong to the b/f, and G-d only knows how old they are. They certainly predate my arrival. I've been thinking about possible patterns since, oddly enough, shopping for yarn is also more fun than shopping for throw pillows.

Since I started the Princess Blankie, I've been thinking that our bedspread has seen better days. A little voice has been whispering that maybe, just maybe, a mitered sock yarn bedspread would be just the ticket.

Then I bought this:

Yes, I know, I'm late to the MDK party. For some reason, the book just didn't grab me at first. But it has grabbed me now, and with a vengeance. My mind is swirling with possibilities: log cabin bathrugs, or maybe a log cabin bedspread, that ballband dishcloth might look nice in bathrug size, what about a log cabin throw pillow....

Now that I'm just about finished with the second pair of CIC socks (just one toe to graft, and a few ends to weave), I'm thinking that it would be OK if I allowed myself to cast on for a ballband dishcloth. I mean, it's such a small project. Hardly worth thinking about. But a dissenting voice has been issuing dire warnings; something about a "gateway drug".

I think I'm in trouble.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh, yeah... that book's addictive! Have fun with it!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had this book on my list for a long time too. I think reading their blog has lured me in. I love the idea of using up some of my left over yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home