Thursday, March 15, 2007

Uh Oh

I just started the toe on my second sock in this pair for CIC, and I've run out of yarn. I searched through the stash, looking for something to finish the toe with.







Here's what I found. The socks are made with hand-dyed Lion Fisherman's Wool. On the left are two little bits of a different, but similar yarn; one is pink & purple, the other purple & blue. I don't think I'm up to doing alternating rows with the two different skeins, so I'd have a toe that was missing one color. I think that would bother me too much.

On the right is a skein of Lopi Light in the same colorway. The colors are pretty close, but Lopi is shinier than the Lion Wool, so I think the change would be noticeable, but not glaringly.

My third choice is to finish up with a solid color (I have plenty of purple lying about), unravel the toe of the first sock, and knit it to match.

I'm having a devil of a time deciding what to do, so I've relegated this to the spare bedroom while I work on another pair. Input would be greatly appreciated!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd unravel the toe and do both in purple or some othe solid color.

I like the colorway though... very pretty, some little girl will be delighted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home