Sunday, April 29, 2007

A fine day

I didn't have any compost in my hair yesterday, but I had plenty dirt under the fingernails; it was a very fine day.

The weather guessers were right last week when they predicted storms; we had several in the early part of the week. However, the last couple of days were clear and sunny, so on Saturday I got to play in the dirt again.

I planted peppers and tomatoes in the garden bed I prepared last week; red and yellow bell peppers in the foreground, Celebrity and Early Girl tomatoes in back.

Then I got another garden bed ready and planted a couple of jalapeno peppers. See that empty space behind the peppers? That's not just dirt; that's potential. What more will I plant? I haven't decided yet.

Today I'm at work, and as you can see, I'm working quite hard. I finished up a pair of socks for Afghans for Afghans. It's a good thing I decided to have contrast toes and that little stripe, because this is how much yarn I had left:

Next up, I'll be working some more on the Trekking XXL socks for me. I won't bore you with a picture, tho', since they look just like they did two weeks ago, just a little longer. However, first I'm going to lunch. My goodness, this pace at work, how will I ever maintain it?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home