Monday, April 23, 2007

How was your Earth Day?

Dirt under my fingernails and compost in my hair; I had a great Earth day! The weather was beautiful, and I got to play in the dirt work in the garden. Hope yours was just as nice.


I had the ceremonial first delivery of compost to the garden:




As you can see, it went off without a hitch. After the above ceremony, much larger loads of compost were delivered and dug in (and watered with my sweat), then I got in there with my hands and worked out the clods so everything is nice and loose and ready for planting. I have some tomato plants ready to go in, but the weather guessers said "possibility of storms" last night, so I held off. Soon, though, I should have my 'maters planted and can move on to the next bed.

In knitting news, I cast off the Baby Surprise Jacket last night (after thoroughly scubbing my hands and fingernails; I brought much of the garden in with me). I'm going to hold off seaming and buttoning until I can show it to some coworkers; I want to see their reaction to the blob of knitting that folds up into a jacket. :)


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Doncha love the Baby Surprise?! Yours is lovely. Go show Adrian at Hello Yarn. She's working on one in her handspun and wants to see others! (sorry, can't get links to work 'cause I'm not html savy -- just google hello yarn.)

Annie

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Annie; I just posted on Hello Yarn. Adrian is knitting up a beauty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home