Saturday, March 17, 2007

Workin' hard

Here's what I've been doing at work today; a little knitting, a little reading, a little surfing. What's that you ask? What about work? Oh, there's no actual work for me to do. But the powers that be decided they want an IT person in the office on the weekends just in case there's a problem somewhere. *Sigh* I won't bore you with all the reasons why this is stupid, just take it from me that every other weekend I'm going to spend 8 hours in the office twiddling my thumbs. Oh, and working on the search for a new job.

On to more important matters--what about the sock? The overwhelming majority agreed that I needed to finish my CIC sock in a contrasting yarn, and ravel & reknit the other sock to match. Thank you to all who responded to my plea, both here & elsewhere; you helped me do what I really knew I needed to do, but was trying to avoid. I decided against the purple yarn I originally thought to use; it overwhelmed the purple in the sock and made it look muddy. I finally decided on this steely blue yarn, which I think coordinates nicely.

It's getting close to lunchtime, and I'm wondering how much green beer and revelry I'm going to run into in my search for a meal. The weather's turned cold again, which may be in my favor. I'm off to try my luck; if I don't make it back, I hereby bequeath my stash to the CIC-knit group. :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Sande Francis said...

egads, woman!! knitting time! I have a job with little work to do, so I take books to read, knitting to do, read and answer email and read all the blogs I can find. I tell my boss every day I have nothing to do, but he says he doesn't have time to do his work that trickles down to me. Oh, well. (evil grin) Sandeleh.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home