Monday, March 19, 2007

I never get tired of this

I never fail to be amazed by the power of blocking. Here we have a recently completed vest for CIC, fresh off the needles:

As you can see, it is a puckery blob. Not something you would actually want to give to anybody, or wear. But, after a little swish in some cool water, and a nice lie-down in the spare bedroom (off limits to all feline types), we have this:

Why, lookee there, it's a vest! I know, little things amuse little minds. :p

Meanwhile, I finished up the matching toes for the latest CIC socks (raveling and reknitting the first toe wasn't bad once I made up my mind to do it), and started on another pair.


The lavender and purple yarn is Dale Baby Ull, sent to me by Shelly Kang when her house was in the process of being buried under sock yarn. These weren't quite full skeins; not wanting to have a repeat of the latest toe incident, I weighed the yarn, then carefully calculated how much yardage that should be. My calculations show that I should have plenty for a small pair. Plenty. I keep reminding myself of that fact as I watch the remaining yarn dwindle. Plenty. Worrying won't make the yarn last longer. Plenty. I think I have one of those "once bitten, twice shy" vibes going. I just keep repeating to myself: plenty.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Hi Carol, the sweater and socks really are lovely! I fight all the time to find a place to block my stuff that is cat safe. Typical cat, Pandora goes exactly where she's not wanted.

Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home