Sunday, June 17, 2007

When all else fails

A few days ago, I had a hankerin' to knit another BSJ. I swiped some of this yarn from my eBay store, sure it would knit up into a wonderful BSJ--bright colors, washable wool, what could be better? After a couple of inches, I had to admit I didn't like it:

See how, on the right side of the pic it looks nice, but it gradually morphs into a bunch of purl bumps that look like the BSJ is wrong-side out? Of course, the reverse looks the same way. I guess the yarn just doesn't have long enough repeats for something this size. *sigh* So, off to the frog pond it went.

And I cast on Mittnz #4. Ahhhh, much better. I just had to find the right project.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I did the same thing with my BJS and a pair of sock I kept messing up too. I cast on another pair of sock in a pattern I was familiar with and Bingo! Happy again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home