Saturday, June 09, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me Part II

I finally spent the rest of my birthday money (thanks again, Mom & Dad!). I've been wanting to try some bamboo-blend sock yarn, and the Panda Wool at Little Knits looked sooo yummy. Two skeins would just finish up my b-day money; perfect! Only thing is, they have a $25 minimum order, so I just had to buy two more skeins. Such a burden.

I'm really looking forward to trying this yarn; it feels so silky, and the colors are just lovely. That's Aquamarine on the left, and Bluebell on the right. I'm itching to cast on right away, but at the same time, I want to finish my Work Socks. I've finished the gusset on Sock #2, so I'm on the home stretch. I'm planning on working on them tonight, but I might take a little time out to swatch. Swatching isn't the same as actually starting a new pair. It's really quite different, in fact. I'm sure you agree.

I finally finished the Lopi vest this morning; the last stitch has been waiting to be cast off for a couple of days. I took care of that one stitch, wove in the final end, and gave it a nice bath. It is now drying in the spare bedroom; I should be able to show it off in a day or two. I think it's a good thing that I'm planning to do a seamless sweater next; getting around to doing seams and all those last little fiddly bits doubled the amount of time it took me to make this vest!

This morning, I'm told, all three cats ventured outside while I was still asleep. Hard to believe that even one of our scaredy-cats went outside, but the b/f was still cleaning up muddy paw prints when I got up, so I guess it's true. I don't know what got into them, unless it was the fact that the weather was absolutely beautiful this a.m.; sunny, cool breeze, not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful enough to conquer the gravest of feline fears.

One of the intrepid explorers

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home