Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lopi Progress


So, here's what I've been up to at work today: a little Carl Hiaasen, a little Stuff on My Cat, and a little knitting. So far as I can tell, I'm still on gauge with my Lopi vest. I took it off the needles and checked after completing one skein; in between wrestling with it's attempts to roll into a tube, and the cats' attempts to "help", I calculated that the gauge was still spot-on--as best as I could tell, anyway, under less than ideal conditions. I'm just about done with skein 2, but I'm having to slow down a bit. Now that there is some weight on the needles, they're fighting me a little (don't want to bend as necessary to make a stitch). My wrists can only handle so much, so I've been working on it for short amounts of time only. Which is why I brought it to work instead of the work sock, to give me more opportunies for those short bouts. That, and the fact that work sock the first is done and waiting for its toe to be seamed, and work sock the second hasn't been cast on yet.

It's a sunshiney day today, nice and warm, so when I get off work, I'm heading straight for...the movies to see Spiderman. Doesn't an overchilled movie theater seem like the place to be on a warm spring day? I'm really looking forward to seeing Spidey, tho'. And ruining my dinner with greasy popcorn. Mmmmm...I love being a grown-up.

Since today is Caturday, I'll leave you with a pic of the b/f trying to correct the splotchy paint job on Princess Daisy. He never seems to make any progress, but Daisy seems to like it.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home