Friday, June 16, 2006

The curse is lifted!

I finally finished these socks - took me four tries to get the second one right (I'm not counting the time I cast on 34 stitches instead of 36, since I discovered that mistake before I finished the first round). These are for CIC, natch, made of hand dyed yarn. I used a patridge eye heel with garter edge, and the gusset decreases are p2tog, all of which I got from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I am so relieved to finally have these done and off my conscience! I haven't decided yet what yarn to use for the next pair of socks. I think I have some dark red variegated yarn tucked away somewhere; maybe that will be next. Hmmm...should I toss in some kind of stitch pattern? I rather enjoy the mindlessness of doing plain stockinette. I may just start knitting and see what happens.

5 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! So glad your curse is gone! LOL The socks are adorable, I really love the way the yarn worked up. Nice warm toes for some little one. :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on turning the curse into a blessing for some child in Russia. The socks are wonderful! Judi in NYC from the CIC list.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Kathy... said...

Your socks look great! I am working on my first pair of socks for CIC! But, just using regular ww wool...not as talented as you with hand dyed! Lovely colors you have there!1

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great! I love Bush's book too. I've only bought 2 sock books and her's was the first. Beautiful job Carol.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Knitting teaches dogged persistence! And hooray for you. think of all the power those socks have in them and all the elation they will carry to the new wearer. Bravo!

My husband works with a guy (46 years old)who used to live in Russia and served a term in the army. They didn't HAVE socks. They learned how to wrap their feet in strips of fabric. I kid you not. I'm thinking your socks are going to be highly prized.

PS, thanks for visiting my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home