Monday, June 12, 2006

My weekend

The b/f decided it was time to re-side the shed, so this is what Saturday looked like:


The b/f is doing all the work that requires know-how & power tools. I'm doing the painting, and let me tell you, painters earn every penny they charge. That roller and brush may not be very heavy, but after wielding it all day long, accompanied with deep knee bends and tall stretches, I'm exhausted! Sunday should have been more of the same, but luckily for me, the rain came Saturday night. (Lost the satellite signal right in the middle of Hidalgo, but it's a small price to pay. I can catch the rest of the movie some other day.) Last I heard, the weather-guessers said we might have a few thundershowers here and there. Instead, we got rain all night and half of Sunday. Fortunately, no damage done; everything that could be damaged by rain was moved into the garage before the clouds arrived. Next weekend: more painting (weather permitting).

Thanks to the weather, I did get a little knitting time in. I decided to try my Cuffed Ankle Socks in Sockotta, see how I like it. On the left is my umpteenth try to finish this pair; I gave up in disgust back in January. It's time for the CIC Summer Sock Extravaganza, so I decided to give it another go. It took me three tries to get the right number cast on; why am I having so much trouble counting to 36?





I'll leave you with a picture of my first rose. I planted two Peace roses in the backyard this year, and the first bloom is just opening. Ah, Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home