Monday, July 30, 2007

Six down...


one to go! Here are Mittnz #6; I just have one pair to go for the Mittnz Challenge. Details:

  • Lamb's Pride (I think) worsted? bulky? I dunno--it was donated.

  • Brittany DPNs US Sz 6 (largest I have)

  • Elizabeth's mitten pattern

With the size 6 DPNs, I got a gauge of 4.5 stitches per inch, and it's tight. Should keep someone's mitts warm!


I haven't cast on yet for my Weekend Sweater; I find I am just a wee bit trepidatious. Will I like it? Will it fit right? What if I don't? What if it doesn't? Only once before have I made a whole sweater, and that was at least 15 years ago. To help me procrastinate, I worked on the b/f's Manly Washcloth:


It's ready for bind off. He'll be pleased.


Then I started, then swatched, then started again with this Wildfoote yarn I got in a swap some time ago:


I decided I like 8 stitches/inch better than the recommended 7. Once I get past the cuff, I plan on making these plain Jane stockinette. One, because I think that will show off the beautiful yarn best, and two, because I have a hankerin' for hours of mindless stockinette.


Hmmm...hours of stockinette. Maybe I ought to consider making a sweater.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Nice Mittnz! Love the color and how the stripes fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home