Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Made the plunge

OK, Monday night I screwed my courage to the sticking point and cast on for the Weekend Sweater. After all, if I don't like it, it can always be yarn again, right?


So far, so good. I am seriously liking this yarn (Telemark from Knit Picks--Charcoal Heather). Reasonably soft, with a nice spring to it; it's lovely to work with. I'm pleased with the needles, too, which is something for me; I don't generally like metal needles. But I'm just tired of fighting the cables on my Clover bamboo circs, and I flat refused to buy another pair. These are Susan Bates Silverado needles, which are supposed to be a cut above their Quicksilver needles. Can't tell you if that is true, as I've never used the Quicksilver, but these are nice. The cable is flexible enough that it isn't fighting me, my yarn isn't catching on the joins, and the needles are smooth without being so slippery that they feel like they are going to jump out of the yarn. Works for me.

Speaking of Knit Picks, they finally have the CotLin yarn available. I'm thinking about picking up a couple of skeins, plus maybe some of the sock yarn in one of the new colorways, and a stack of books. Gotta make that $45 minimum order so I get free shipping! Now that's good money management. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home