Saturday, August 04, 2007

Out of my league

Earlier this week, the b/f discovered two very interesting houses near us were for sale. Even though they were totally out of our price range, we contacted the sellers and arranged for a tour of each today.

We saw this one first. I loved the spiral staircase, and the way the house was so full of light from all the windows. The bathrooms, unfortunately, hadn't been changed since the house was built in the 70's. I wasn't a fan of avocado or harvest gold fixtures even back when they were in style. So, if someone was overcome with a desire to give me the money to buy this house, I'd have to ask for enough to tear out and totally redo the bathrooms.

Then we saw this one. I'm in love. I love the solid log construction, the quarry tile floors, the covered front porch, the deck and pool in back, the 10-acre lot--10 freakin' acres, and less than a 30-minute commute to work! OK, the closets were small and few in number, but if I somehow managed to get into this house, I wouldn't be able to afford anything to put in them, so it's not really a problem, is it?

Man-oh-man, we should have known better than to look at houses we can't afford. Now we're pining for that log house (that may have been a pun; if so, forgive me. I'm not thinking clearly). The b/f actually did some calculations, and concluded that, unless we win the lottery tonight, or we discover that one or more of the vermin is a very rare and valuable feline, there's just no way. *sigh*


What am I bid for this slightly used, but still serviceable buff tabby?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this place is a real deal. Throw away everything except your jeans and t-shirts. Well, keep something for work, but you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home