Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GBF Socks Done!

Hot off the needles:

Pattern: Girl's Best Friend Socks
Yarn: Panda Wool (wool/bamboo blend), in Bluebell
Needles: Brittany Birch DPNs, US Sz 3

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: this yarn is delicious! The socks feel silky, cool and soft on my feet. I plan to contact the distributor to see if I can get this yarn for my eBay store.

Aside from the fact I wanted to wear these socks, I was eager to finish so I could start on the current Six Socks Knitalong project, I Love Gansey.

This is what I got done at work today (very slow day). I'm using Cervinia Calzetteria in Tan Heather, and my new HiyaHiya DPNs. Both yarn & needles swiped from my eBay store; a concientious retailer should test her products periodically, dontcha think? Now I just need to find my cable needle. I know I have one or three somewhere, but I've never used it/them; where or where could they be?

Lest you think I am totally neglecting my mittnz:


Mittnz #7 are progressing very slowly, but they are progressing. Since the I Love Gansey socks will require attention to charts, this will be my TV knitting.

BTW, these pics were taken with my new camera. I've been practicing, and the results so far have been good, but boy, do I have a lot to learn! I totally don't understand most of the information on the display. Good thing the camera is smart enough to figure out most things for me. However, I hope to eventually have some fraction of a clue what all this stuff means. I plan to work my way through this stuff. Wish me luck--I'm afraid my head might explode.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home